- Minimalism in Robotics – locomotion
- Dynamic Climbing: Design and control of a single actuator dynamic climbing robot.
- Autonomous Systems and mobile manipulation in unstructured environments with applications such as search and rescue and agriculture.
- Agriculture Robotics – Minimalistic manipulation
- Mechanics in Gait Asymmetry: Is asymmetry in walking useful? Collaboration with R. Gregg, Y. Dhaher and K. Lynch (Northwestern University).
- HARP – Highly Articulated Robotic Probe: Miniature snake for cardiac surgery. Collaboration with Howie Choset, Brett Zubiate, Stephen Tully, and more
- Knee Bio-Mechanics
- Pre-Operative Knee Kinematics Modeling
- Knee pathology classification